It’s soon Mother’s Day and I haven’t published in a while, so I thought it was a good opportunity to share my recipe for vegan waffles that, to be honest, are super tasty and you wouldn’t even know they don’t have any dairy or eggs!
I don’t have a waffle iron and yet have managed to make these thanks to this lovely Waffle Moulds I found on Amazon.
Now onto the recipe! You will need:
1 + 1/2 cups of soy milk
1 + 1/2 cups of flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 ripe banana
1 tsp white vinegar
Pinch of margarine or coconut oil
- Pre-heat your oven at 180C
- In a jug, place your soy milk and white vinegar and let it curdle whilst you prepare the dry ingredients. This is going to allow your soy milk to become more of a ‘buttermilk’ consistency.
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a big bowl.
- Mash a ripe banana (it has to be ripe for maximum sweetness!) and add it to the wet ingredients.
- Then mix to combine it all gently, but don’t overmix it either.
- Grease your moulds with a kitchen paper and margarine and gently place the batter to cover the moulds with the waffle mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25min until golden and then serve!
Make sure you use some oven gloves when you take these out of the oven as the moulds will be piping hot! Top your waffles with anything you like! I really like strawberries, blueberries, banana coins and maple syrup.
For the chocolate sauce used in this picture, you only have to mix together in a saucepan:
3 Tbsp coconut oil, 3 Tbsp cacao powder, 4 Tbsp maple syrup, a pinch of salt and a pinch of vanilla powder.
Can we please appreciate this amazing vegan wallet from The Lovely Things as well? It even matches the berries! The perfect gift for Mother’s Day.
Let me know if you try recreating this recipe and if you want more food posts, just let me know!
Lots of love,